Location - how to get here
Quadra Island is nestled between Vancouver Island and the west coast of the mainland of British Columbia, Canada, northwest of Vancouver, Seattle, and Victoria. Just a 10-minute ferry cruise from Campbell River on Vancouver Island, we’re really “a world away”.
Fly to Vancouver Island
• Fly to Vancouver International airport and take a connecting flight to Campbell River BC.
• Take shuttle / taxi from Campbell River airport to ferry terminal to Quadra Island, or rent a car at airport and drive to ferry terminal (about 10 minutes).
• Westjet has direct flights from Calgary and Edmonton to Comox BC. Rent car at airport and drive 45 minutes north to Campbell River and Quadra Island.
Ferries from mainland Canada to Vancouver Island via BC Ferries*
• From Tsawassen (near USA border) to Duke Point (south of Nanaimo)
• From Horseshoe Bay (North Vancouver) to Departure Bay (Central Nanaimo)
Drive to Campbell River
• Drive north from Victoria (3 hours) or Nanaimo (2 hours) to reach Campbell River
• Highway 19A Oceanside Route is slower with ocean scenery and access
• Highway 19 Inland Highway is faster with mountain scenery
Ferry from Vancouver Island to Quadra Island
• Take the BC Ferry from Campbell River to Quathiaski Cove on Quadra Island
• Ferry schedule
Directions to Quadra Island Harbour House b&b
• House b&b is in the Heriot Bay neighbourhood, 10 km from Quathiaski Cove
• Follow signs to Cortes Ferry. Take West Road north to Heriot Bay.
• As you enter Heriot Bay neighborhood, take the first right turn onto Schooner Road, beside Firehall #2 with the big red doors.
•Drive about 1 km along Schooner Road. Drive 100 feet past Pilot Road, to the first driveway on the left. Look for Harbour House b&b sign at 1462 Schooner Road.